Intel® Z490 AORUS Motherboard with Direct 12+1 Phase Digital VRM Design, Comprehensive Thermal Solution with Enlarged Surface Heatsink, 2.5GbE LAN, RGB FUSION 2.0
- Supports 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Series Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- Direct 12+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 50A DrMOS
- Shielded Memory Routing for Better Memory Overclocking
- Advanced Thermal Design with Enlarged Surface Heatsink
- AMP-UP Audio with ALC1200 and WIMA Audio Capacitors
- Fast 2.5GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management
- Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guards
- Pre-installed IO Shield for Easy and Quick Installation
- RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design, Support Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors , Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
Shards of the Void; Borders Disappear Fusing different materials and surface textures with negative space to form a juxtaposition and showcase a stylistic effect where the boundaries between components are not clearly defined. It creates a multi-dimensional design that seemingly cuts through space and time.
Advanced Thermal Design
- Enlarged Surface Heatsinks
- 5 W/mK LAIRD Thermal Conductivity Pad
- ALC1200 Audio
- Audio Noise Guard
- High-End Audio Capacitor
- Audiophile Grade WIMA Capacitors
2* M.2 Connectors with Thermal Guards
RGB FUSION 2.0
- Addressable LED Header*2
- RGB LED Header*2
Supports 10th Gen. Intel Core™ Processors
Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs with Ultra Durable Memory Armor
Solid Pin Power Connectors
- 24 pin ATX Power Connector
- 8+4 pin CPU Power Connector
Direct 12+1 Phases Digital Power Design with DrMOS
- PCIe 4.0 Ready Mid-Loss PCB
- 50A DrMOS
- Premium Choke and Capacitor
- 6 layer PCB
- 2X Copper PCB
Front USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C™ for Connecting devices
DIRECT POWER DESIGN
Z490 AORUS ELITE motherboard uses an 12+1 phases digital CPU power design which includes both digital PWM Controller and DrMOS. These 100% digital controller and additional 8+4 Solid-pin CPU Power Connectors offer incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard’s most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components, allowing enthusiasts to get the absolute maximum performance from the new Intel 10-core CPU.
Digital Power Design
CPU Power Connector
Cleaner and more efficient power delivery to the CPU with better thermal performance ensure stability under high CPU frequencies and heavy loading.
- Digital PWM Controller to deliver appropriate voltage to the CPU.
- Direct 12+1 Phases DrMOS without PWM Doublers, each power phase connects directly to the CPU, With capability to handle 600 Amps current in total.
- All-solid capacitors to improve Transient response and minimize oscillation.
- 8+4 Solid Pin CPU Power Connectors
ADVANCED THERMAL SOLUTION
Z490 AORUS ELITE uses high performance thermal design with screwed mounted heatsinks and thick thermal pad, providing ultimate MOSFET cooling performance for enthusiasts, overclockers and gamers.
Enlarged Surface Heatsinks
With the best quality components and GIGABYTE R&D design capability, the Z490 AORUS is a true beast among motherboards.
Support for DDR4 XMP Up to 5000MHz and Beyond*
AORUS is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 5000MHz and beyond. All users need to do to attain this performance boost is to ensure that their memory module is XMP capable and that the XMP function is activated and enabled on their AORUS motherboard.
* XMP Profile support may vary depending on memory module.
Please see the complete validated memory support list. Product features may vary by model.
NEXT GENERATION CONNECTIVITY
First Adopter on 2.5GbE LAN Onboard
2X Faster than ever
- Adoption of 2.5G LAN provide up to 2.5 GbE network connectivity, with at least 2 times faster transfer speeds compared to general 1GbE networking, perfectly designed for gamers with ultimate online gaming experience.
- Support Multi-Gig(10/100/1000/2500Mbps) RJ-45 ethernet
High-End WIMA & Audio Capacitors
The AORUS motherboards boast a combination of Hi-Fi grade WIMA FKP2 capacitors and high-end Chemicon audio capacitors. While the high-end audio capacitors are suited for high-grade audio equipment, using state of the art technology to provide rich sound in the bass and clearer high frequencies, the WIMA FKP2 capacitors are being used widely in premium grade Hi-Fi systems. The addition of this to the exclusive AOURS AMP-UP Audio technology makes for the ideal onboard sound solution for the most demanding audiophiles.
Audio Noise Guard
AORUS motherboards feature an audio noise guard that essentially separates the board’s sensitive analog audio components from potential noise pollution at the PCB level. LED trace path lighting Illuminates to show the separation of the PCB layers.
Multi-Zone Light Show Design
Now offering more LED customizations than ever, users can truly adapt their PC to represent their lifestyle. With full RGB support and a redesigned RGB Fusion 2.0 application, the user has complete control over the LEDs which surround the motherboard.
Note: Lighting effects depicted are for demonstration purposes only. Actual lighting effects may vary by model.
GIGABYTE is reputable for its product durability and high quality manufacturing process. Needless to say, we use the best components we can find for the Z490 AORUS motherboard and reinforce every slot to make each of them solid and durable.
Ultra Durable™ PCIe Armor
Industry Leading Ultra Durable™ PCIe Armor
The innovative one piece stainless steel shielding design from GIGABYTE reinforces the PCIe connectors to provide the extra strength required to support heavy graphics cards.
GIGABYTE BIOS & APP CENTER
Good software goes hand in hand with perfect hardware. Z490 AORUS ELITE bundled several useful and intuitive software to help users to control every aspect of motherboard.
System Information Viewer
Support for 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 processors/Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1200 package
L3 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer “CPU Support List” for more information.)
Intel® Z490 Express Chipset
4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Intel® Core™ i9/i7 processors:
Support for DDR4 5000(O.C.) / 4933(O.C.) / 4800(O.C.) / 4700(O.C.) / 4600(O.C.) / 4500(O.C.) / 4400(O.C.) / 4300(O.C.) / 4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2933 / 2800 / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz
Intel® Core™ i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors:
Support for DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz
Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer “Memory Support List” for more information.)
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096×2160@30 Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.3.
Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
Realtek® ALC1200 codec
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out
Realtek® 2.5GbE LAN chip (2.5 Gbit/1 Gbit/100 Mbit)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
2 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
Supports up to ASPM L1.2 power management protocols.
Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire™ and 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies
2 x M.2 connectors (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M_SB/M2A_SB)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* Refer to “1-7 Internal Connectors,” for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors.
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
M.2 connectors support up to ASPM L1.2 PCIe power management protocols.
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.2 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
6 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+2 USB 2.0 Hubs:
8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Internal I/O Connectors
1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
1 x water cooling CPU fan header
3 x system fan headers
2 x addressable LED strip headers
2 x RGB LED strip headers
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.2 Gen 1 support
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x Trusted Platform Module header (For the GC-TPM2.0 SPI/GC-TPM2.0 SPI 2.0 module only)
2 x Thunderbolt™ add-in card connectors
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
1 x Q-Flash Plus button
Back Panel Connectors
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red)
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x HDMI port
1 x RJ-45 port
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
5 x audio jacks
iTE® I/O Controller Chip
Fan speed detection
Water cooling flow rate detection
Fan fail warning
Fan speed control
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the fan you install.
1 x 256 Mbit flash
Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0 Unique Features
Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
System Information Viewer
Support for Q-Flash Plus
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install
Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
Realtek® 8125 Gaming LAN Bandwidth Control Utility
Support for Windows 10 64-bit
ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm