Intel® B460 (LGA 1200) mATX motherboard with Aura Sync RGB header, Dual M.2, DDR4 2933MHz, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, Intel® Optane memory ready, SATA 6 Gbps
- Intel ® LGA 1200 socket: Ready for 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
- ASUS OptiMem: Careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved memory stability.
- Fan Xpert 2+: Flexible controls for ultimate cooling and quietness, plus GPU-temperature sensing for cooler gaming.
- 5X Protection III: Multiple hardware safeguards for all-round protection.
- Ultrafast connectivity: Supreme flexibility with native M.2 support for Lightning-fast storage speeds
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronizable LED effects across a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips
Tune It Your Way
Comprehensive controls form the foundation of the ASUS Prime series. The Prime B460 motherboard packs flexible tools to tune every aspect of your system, enabling you to tweak performance settings to perfectly match the way you work – maximizing your productivity.
All-Around Energy Efficiency
The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes energy savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Flexible cooling Controls
PRIME 400 Series motherboards offer comprehensive control over system fans, via the included Fan Expert 2+ software. Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click
Precise Digital Power Control
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, automatically switching frequency and power-efficiency settings. It also allows you to fine-tune your CPU for ultimate stability and performance.
Cool to the Core
Prime B460 series is engineered with multiple onboard heatsinks and an array of hybrid fan headers to ensure your rig stays cool and stable under intense workloads.
Cooler by Design
Prime B460 series features comprehensive cooling controls that are configurable via Fan Xpert 2+ software or via the UEFI BIOS.
Multiple Temperature Sources
4-Pin PWM/DC Fan
- Each header can be set to monitor and react to several thermal sensors, and via Fan Xpert 2+ you can even assign a sensor to monitor the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards — for optimal cooling during GPU- or CPU-intensive workloads.
Build on a Solid Foundation
Prime B460 series is built to handle the additional cores and increased bandwidth of 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. A B460 motherboard provides all the fundamentals to boost daily productivity, so your system will be ready for action with stable power, intuitive cooling and flexible transfer options.
Revisions to the motherboard’s trace routing provide the latest Intel processors with unrestricted access to memory bandwidth. ASUS OptiMem technology carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk.
Top layer – ground ring to prevent lateral interference
ASUS OptiMem benefits:
- Improved memory stability and compatibility
- Allows lower memory latencies at equivalent voltages
- Improved memory frequency margin
Motherboards with OptiMem technology were tested with Synopsys HSPICE simulation software
Little Things Make a Big Difference
Prime B460 series adds the nuanced details that improve every experience, from exclusive codecs that provide pristine audio quality to intuitive RGB lighting controls that let you customize your system to create a uniquely personal look.
Combined onboard features deliver elevated audio
Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
Separate Layer for Left and Right Tracks
Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
Premium Japanese Capacitors
Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity.